This a question that many travelers ask themselves. In order to help you make that decision, we’re sharing the top reasons why travel insurance is a must in order to make sure your travel investment is protected.
- You need to cancel your trip. What if you fall ill before your vacation? Or what if your parent falls ill and needs your assistance? Travel insurance can protect you against the unexpected. Even if you simply don’t feel like traveling, Cancel For Any Reason coverage can help you recover a portion of your trip costs.
- Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. If your airline or travel supplier ceases operations, other airlines or travel suppliers may try to find space for you, but that usually comes with an extra cost. It is possible that they won’t be able to meet your needs and that is where travel insurance comes in. We have travel insurance plans that can cover you in these situations.
- Your flight is cancelled or delayed. Unexpected delays and cancellations can cause waves during your vacation. It’s important to protect your prepaid trip costs in the case that your flight is cancelled or delayed. In fact, this coverage can protect you from more than airline issues. If your trip is delayed due to medical or non-medical reasons, travel insurance can provide coverage for you.
- You’re in a remote location where adequate medical treatment is not available. Medical evacuation is available and can be used to relocate you in order to receive proper medical attention. In fact, you can contact our One Call Travel Assistance Network. Assistance coordinators are available 24/7 to help you in emergency situations. The One Call contact information is included in the Plan Certificate and on your Purchase Confirmation/Declarations.
- Your luggage is are lost or stolen. Unfortunately, these situations arise – your camera is stolen or your luggage turns up missing. Your homeowner’s policy may cover only a small portion of the total loss, so make you invest in travel insurance to protect your total loss.
As always, remember that plan benefits, limits, and provisions may vary by state jurisdiction. If you have any questions about travel insurance and how it can help protect your next travel investment, leave a comment below or call us at 800-423-3632.