We’ve all been there – stuck in the line at security. While we can’t shrink the lines at the airport, we can give you tips to make the quicker and stress-free.
1. Pack neatly. It is helpful to have your laptop and bag containing 3-ounce liquids in a place that is easy to access as you’re going through the line.
2. Dress appropriately. Remember, you’ll have to take off your light jacket, too, so make sure you’re comfortable wearing what you have on underneath. Also make sure you have on shoes that are easy to slip on and off.
3. Consider investing in TSA Pre✓™. TSA Pre✓™ allows low-risk travelers to experience faster, more efficient screening at participating U.S. airport checkpoints for domestic and international travel. That means you won’t have to remove your belt, shoes, light jacket, bag containing liquids or laptop from your carry-on. To apply for this program, there is a nonrefundable application processing fee of $85.00.
4. Leave gifts unwrapped. If TSA decides that they need to see the inside of your gift, it will have to be unwrapped. Avoid this disaster by leaving the gift unwrapped and pack a gift bag in your luggage as well.
5. Double-check the list. If you’re wondering what you can and cannot take in the air, look at TSA’s list of prohibited items.
6. Get your papers ready. Make sure to have your government-issued ID and boarding pass ready to show at the checkpoint entrance. At that point, you can put your ID away, but leave your boarding pass somewhere you can easily retrieve it when you board the plane.
Tell us – what’s your best tip for breezing through airport security? Leave a comment below with your answer.by